Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Kirby Had Never Eaten Toes Before..


I'm in Stephen Player's Illustration 4 class this semester, and its so fun! Stephen is terrific. He assigned this the first day, and the final was due the next class! I only had 1 WEEK to do it- that was a good challenge. He basically handed us a sheet that had random sentences on it, out of context. So the phrase I chose was "Kirby had never eaten toes before", and we could do anything we wanted to interpret the sentences. So it was a completely open assignment, and this is what I did with it. ~Enjoy~
fresh steamy toes.. with jam!

7 comments:

Jelter said...

this is my favorite piece you've done... ever. of course its twisted so i like it, but in addition, i like the technique a lot. that projector light looks great.

Allen Song said...

As usual, your execution is perfect. This piece is also one of my favorites that I've seen of yours. Great colors and monster designs.

fil said...

This is awesome Betty. I loved your portrait from class, just saw this..you are a master at vector illustration...great stuff!

Frank said...

me too! toes are nummy!

thanks again for the heads up! best monday ever~

Carol said...

What an awesome and hilarious and challenging assignment !..you're answer to the challenge was fantastic !! You must have some inside line on the monster thing heheheh..

Wythe Bowart said...

HAH! I think this is great! I love toes! And with JAM! YUM! Your amazing Beth!

jacobbelcher said...

Your artistic response to this challenge was Kevin Smith's literary response to a challenge of a similar nature. Hemingway was famously challenged to write a six word story, and he did. Since then, authors and writers have been challenged to do the same, and Smodcast's Kevin Smith responded with "Kirby Had Never Eaten Toes Before." Creativity spawns creativity, and this fantastic piece of vector art is a testament of that!